RAVE REVIEWS FOR ‘DEATH AT SEAWORLD’
- Should some of the most social, intelligent and charismatic animals on the planet be kept in captivity by human beings? That is a question asked more frequently than ever by both scientists and animal welfare advocates… Now the issue has been raised with new intensity in 'Death at SeaWorld,' by David Kirby, just released in paperback.” -- The New York Times
- "A gripping inspection... Hard to put down." --Booklist ***STARRED REVIEW
- One of the “great books” of the summer – The Columbus Dispatch
“A masterful work.”
–Seattle Post Intelligencer
"One of the summer's most anticipated new releases." -- Apple iBookstore
- #1 Readers Poll Choice for Summer Books – Wall Street Journal Online
- "A real-life scientific thriller.” – Barnes and Noble
BLACKFISH OPENS JULY 17!Go see the extraordinary documentary BLACKFISH, from director Gabriela Cowperthwaite. Coming to a theater near you this summer. For more info, please visit here And do NOT miss The Lost Whale, a new book about the engrossing tale of Luna the young orca who bonded with people after being lost from his family, by Mike Parfait and Suzanne Chisholm. Click here for more info.
JOIN THE FACEBOOK PAGEPlease sign up here to receive updates from the Death at SeaWorld Facebook Page - Many thanks.
BOOK DAVID KIRBY TO SPEAK AT YOUR NEXT EVENT
David is an experienced and engaging speaker who can address all aspects of this fascinating subject - from the natural history of wild orcas, to the ethics of captivity, to the risks of working with animals for entertainment. David has been invited to speak at universities, marine mammal organizations, scuba clubs, museums and other venues.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT MACMILLAN BOOKS SPEAKERS BUREAU
Add Link to Facebook
Tag Archives: Department of Labor
SeaWorld Entertainment, Inc. is cutting hours for 18,000 part-time and seasonal workers, in a move that will allow it to skirt provisions of the new Affordable Care Act, or Obamacare, and save millions from not providing healthcare coverage to those … Continue reading