RAVE REVIEWS FOR ‘DEATH AT SEAWORLD’
- Should some of the most social, intelligent and charismatic animals on the planet be kept in captivity by human beings? That is a question asked more frequently than ever by both scientists and animal welfare advocates… Now the issue has been raised with new intensity in 'Death at SeaWorld,' by David Kirby, just released in paperback.” -- The New York Times
- "A gripping inspection... Hard to put down." --Booklist ***STARRED REVIEW
- One of the “great books” of the summer – The Columbus Dispatch
“A masterful work.”
–Seattle Post Intelligencer
"One of the summer's most anticipated new releases." -- Apple iBookstore
- #1 Readers Poll Choice for Summer Books – Wall Street Journal Online
- "A real-life scientific thriller.” – Barnes and Noble
BLACKFISH OPENS JULY 17!Go see the extraordinary documentary BLACKFISH, from director Gabriela Cowperthwaite. Coming to a theater near you this summer. For more info, please visit here And do NOT miss The Lost Whale, a new book about the engrossing tale of Luna the young orca who bonded with people after being lost from his family, by Mike Parfait and Suzanne Chisholm. Click here for more info.
JOIN THE FACEBOOK PAGEPlease sign up here to receive updates from the Death at SeaWorld Facebook Page - Many thanks.
BOOK DAVID KIRBY TO SPEAK AT YOUR NEXT EVENT
David is an experienced and engaging speaker who can address all aspects of this fascinating subject - from the natural history of wild orcas, to the ethics of captivity, to the risks of working with animals for entertainment. David has been invited to speak at universities, marine mammal organizations, scuba clubs, museums and other venues.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT MACMILLAN BOOKS SPEAKERS BUREAU
Add Link to Facebook
Monthly Archives: October 2013
Blackfish, the outstanding documentary about killer whales in captivity, airs this Thursday night on CNN, which posed some pointed questions to SeaWorld about the highly profitable practice. Some of the answers, provided by spokesman Fred Jacobs, range from half-truths to … Continue reading
First Published at TakePart.com What’s killing the killer whales of the Pacific Northwest? It’s an urgent question with complicated answers. It’s also the subject of a long-simmering, rancorous debate on Washington’s San Juan Island, where the battle took on renewed … Continue reading
This article first appeared at TakePart.com On a memorable episode of The Simpsons, Homer, Marge and the kids head to “Marine World,” where a P.A. system announcement is heard: “Folks, we’re heating up the lobster tank, so hurry on over … Continue reading
The November issue of Marie Claire Australia has published a major spread I wrote about the growing controversy over killer whales in captivity, in advance of the premiere of Blackfish down under. To read a PDF of the full article, … Continue reading